Data Blog #5: Distribution
24 November 17
Once your video is uploaded to a social media channel, you have to be fast. It’s all about getting the most attention in the shortest possible amount of time. More likes/shares and comments in a short time are always considered as a high-engaging post by Facebook/Instagram & Co. and will be more likely to be shown to your audience.
- It’s all about likes, comments and shares in the first minutes after you put your content online. If no one will like your content in the first minutes, your content is considered again irrelevant. Ask your friends/clients to like your content immediately after posting and you will get a good scale-effect because of more shares, and shares by your friends and friends-of-friends… and so on.
- Like the right way: In 2017 Facebook introduced five additional like features: Love, Haha, Wow, Sad, or Angry. It has not been proven that Facebook is weighting these five emotions more than a standard-like, but current pieces of evidence indicate that. So tell your friend not only to like your content, they should choose one of the emotions.
- Comment the right way: A comment is more valuable than only a like. Tell your friend that they should comment your stuff or mention other users by commenting for a scale-effect.
- Promote your content: Write to other blogs, mention the content on Twitter or check for influencers on Instagram (you can easily write them a message and ask them if they would promote your video).
- And last but not least: It’s all about quality content. If your content sucks, your reach will suck too.
This was our five-part data blog series where we’d like to show the latest marketing stats in videomaking. Include these steps in your video marketing strategies and you will be ready for the video marketing 2018. Check out the other four data blogs.