Swiss Safety rules when flying drones
19 MAY 17
Many films we watch on the internet shows that the common rules for a safe drone flying are not known! As a provider of drone services, it’s a personal matter that (1) your drone hast the technical requirements for a safe flight and (2) that you know the rules defined by the BAZL (The Swiss Federal Office of Civil Aviation) which tries to regulate and make the airspace safe.
Keep these points in mind when you fly with your own drone:
- Hold visual contact
- Drones are not allowed to be used over gatherings of people within a radius of 100 meters
- No drones within a radius of 5k to airports. Here’s the map with the forbidden arenas.
- Anyone who operates a drone with a weight of more than 500 grams must ensure liability coverage of at least 1 million Swiss francs for any damage
- Video glasses are not allowed, except a second person can steer the drone (with visual contact)
- Note the special regulations of the Data Protection Act / the regulations for the protection of military installations and the special regulations of the cantons
These are the most important points. Check out the full list on the BAZL website.
We wish you a safe flight!